BIHANGA [ the bird ]

Dancer Alokananda Roy's perseverance to train prisoners in dance forms and make them perform on stage.


I am Bihanga,
Spreading my wings,
To reach the limitless sky,
My wings undulate like waves,
In rhythmic pace,
I fly and fly,
Freedom I cherish,
My core sings,
The joy of love,
Finding happiness,
Breathing the fragrance of being alive.

Suddenly I realise,
The four walls of concrete imprison me,
A moment of madness,
The knife slitted a throat,
Fourteen long years in a cubical cell,
Rotting in bug infested bed,
Smelling filth in murky scum,
Deliberating and deliberating,
Had I died! Had I died!

Then Bihanga happened!
I danced and danced,
Blemishes begin to fade,
Pain I try to bear,
Anger subsides,
The applause makes me believe,
I belong, I belong,
No need to hide,
Tears courage,
'Live your dream.
You are Bihanga.
Ahead you surge,
In search of that strength,
which will catapult you, 
into the star filled firmament
of incandescent bliss'.


.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRiBUTE

SHIVA