TRiBUTE

Charlie Chaplin



I sit in oblivion,
Under the foliage of Banyan.
Staring at nothingness,
Empty tumbler is my heart,
Devoid of tears for so long,
Dried are the eyelashes,
Ready to be burnt,
Lub dub lub dub,
The sound so pronounced,
'You are alive not yet dead'.

Inward I look to find,
A hat on a stick on two big feet,
Tapping with ease,
Comedy transpires ,
'Hey! Say cheese'!
Eyes popped in amazement,
The stick twirled and the hat bounced,
'Hey! Say cheese'!
Laughter is nowhere near me,
Pain has enslaved me,
I gaze and gaze,
' A day without laughter is a day wasted,'
Let laughter be the dictator,

'Nothing is permanent in this wicked world
not even our tears',
Let troubles die with tears of strength,
Rise and rise,
Thunder rolls,
Rain splashes on me,
Ringing inside me,
'To truly laugh, you must be able to
take your pain and play with it'.

I laughed and cried,
I laughed and cried,
Never so hard,
Never so unabashed,
Never so relieved,
Outstretched are my arms.
To behold the droplets of rebirth,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIHANGA [ the bird ]

SHIVA