I am in abyss....

Painting by Sejuti Biswas

I retreat in my shell,
Coiled are my emotions in a knot,
So tight, unable to loosen,
Trust was thwarted,
Beliefs are threatened,
Imprisoned in mess,
Wondered and wondered,
Ever I would be free.

Bereft of sleep,
Tears die,
Eyes are dry,
I see and see,
Moments fly.

Pitter-Patter, Pitter-Patter,
Droplets of rain on the leaflets,
The little squirrel; nodding his head,
Spraying the drops in happiness,
Little robin wish to play,
Greenish hue in display,
Beam of sunlight in array,

Closing my eyes,
I abandon myself,
To assimilate the rain,
Paving the way for the pain to flee,
Shackles I break.
To be free,
Consciousness is restored,
Peace is with me. 



Comments

  1. Very good poem..As if someone is trying to portray my own feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BIHANGA [ the bird ]

TRiBUTE

SHIVA