VENGEANCE

Photograph by Sudip Bhattacharya


A stare,
I feel,
That follows,
I believe,
A tingle in the spine,
I realize.
Familiar isn't she?


The bouffant at top,
A few tresses peeping,
The sequined train,
In crimson silk,
Laces in sleeves,
Who is she?


With tender steps,
I tip-toe,
A glance,
I crave,
A swish of silk,
The waltz begins,
I stand still.


High cheekbones,
Chiselled nose,
Eyebrows like a bow,
That sparkling bracelet!
The crescendo!
She was in grave, wasn't she?

Lopsided smile,
I hide,
Cringing with fear and shame alike,
Shrouded with mystery,
Her eyes terrify;

'Time is ripe,
to unmask your lie.
Gluttony of greed,
trampled my pride'.

Perspiration flows,
Like rivulets of woes,
I beseech,
With begging eyes.

'Drown in cauldron of misery,
Death will be deaf to your cries',
glared She, bidding goodbye.








Comments

  1. An attempt to give a dramatic approach to the poem. An interpretation of the mysterious lady according to my perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BIHANGA [ the bird ]

TRiBUTE

SHIVA