PARADISE


Photo Credit: Sudip Bhattacharya


Sitting by the riverside,
I deliberate and deliberate,
Is there a blank in my life?
I hear a laughter; taunting,
'Wondering about a blank
at this age'?


Fifty long years,
Sometimes cheers,
Sometimes tears,
An abysmal void,
A sublime urge,
To define the indistinct,
A shadow looms
In search of the unknown,
I aspire.


Walking along the bank,
Nestled behind the Ivy,
Peeping through the doorway,
The staircase rise,
The shadow looms,
I rise.


Sharp turns,
Twisted steps,
Sudden fall,
I rise,
Excruciating pain,
Bleeding wound,
Trembling feet,
I rise.

Stars hide,
The moon bids goodbye,
I rise,
Against the rail,
The shadow lies,
I rise.
Crimson is the sky,
Seagulls fly,
My Strength dies,
I rise.


Swept me in his arms,
I open my tired lids,
His exuberant face,
That radiant smile,
Telling a tale,
'You are alive,
You are mine,
Waiting ages,
To be so close,
As if we are one,
In heart and soul'.
Inundated with golden rays,
Blossom filled pathway,
We walk hand in hand,
In heaven we arrive.









Comments

  1. ah,great write,after a long time read such a beautiful poem.longing for love and very interesting ending.poetic expressions are deep and stunning. wish more success.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BIHANGA [ the bird ]

TRiBUTE

SHIVA