Popular posts from this blog
BIHANGA [ the bird ]
Dancer Alokananda Roy's perseverance to train prisoners in dance forms and make them perform on stage. I am Bihanga, Spreading my wings, To reach the limitless sky, My wings undulate like waves, In rhythmic pace, I fly and fly, Freedom I cherish, My core sings, The joy of love, Finding happiness, Breathing the fragrance of being alive. Suddenly I realise, The four walls of concrete imprison me, A moment of madness, The knife slitted a throat, Fourteen long years in a cubical cell, Rotting in bug infested bed, Smelling filth in murky scum, Deliberating and deliberating, Had I died! Had I died! Then Bihanga happened! I danced and danced, Blemishes begin to fade, Pain I try to bear, Anger subsides, The applause makes me believe, I belong, I belong, No need to hide, Tears courage, 'Live your dream. You are Bihanga. Ahead you surge, In search of that strength, which will catapult you, into the sta...
TRiBUTE
Charlie Chaplin I sit in oblivion, Under the foliage of Banyan. Staring at nothingness, Empty tumbler is my heart, Devoid of tears for so long, Dried are the eyelashes, Ready to be burnt, Lub dub lub dub, The sound so pronounced, 'You are alive not yet dead'. Inward I look to find, A hat on a stick on two big feet, Tapping with ease, Comedy transpires , 'Hey! Say cheese'! Eyes popped in amazement, The stick twirled and the hat bounced, 'Hey! Say cheese'! Laughter is nowhere near me, Pain has enslaved me, I gaze and gaze, ' A day without laughter is a day wasted,' Let laughter be the dictator, 'Nothing is permanent in this wicked world not even our tears', Let troubles die with tears of strength, Rise and rise, Thunder rolls, Rain splashes on me, Ringing inside me, 'To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain and play with it'. I laughed and cried, I laughed and cried, Never so hard...

Comments
Post a Comment