Red planet





Red planet I am,
It was not so,
a million years ago,
I was as beautiful as the Earth,
The blue planet inundated with
sea green hue; life blossoming
under water and on land,
I am jealous.

I am denuded and dry,
The mountains bear, 
The remnants of 
fresh water lakes,
Life was about to evolve,
My joy knew no bounds,
An explosion from no where,
I saw red far and wide.
I am barely alive,
Following habitual pattern,
Revolving around the Sun.

My eyes sparkle,
Whenever I am closer to the Earth,
Devouring snow capped mountains, 
rivers, freshwater lakes and greenery
What I could never understand 
was the dynamics of motion?

Until I encountered, 
A meteor flying towards me,
I supposed, 
The end was inevitable,
To my wonder,
It was revolving around me,
I could feel, 
The waves revitalizing every element,
With the passing of time,
Many more were encircling me,

Made me think, 
Am I so important?
Far from being destructive,
They were inquisitive,
Understanding ruggedness 
and dryness of my terrain.



One fine day,
An object rested on the surface,
It could climb up the mountains,
Drilling holes and raking up the soil,
Made me wonder, what is it upto!

It rolled towards a crater,
Where once water existed,
Bubbling with tiny souls. 

Every minute was an anticipation,
To experience novelty!

May be my patience has been rewarded,
The earth sent an extraordinary device,
Triggered my hope of watching life,
Trying hard for a few drops of sustenance,
Is it these dynamics of motion 
that eluded my comprehension?
May be so; I guessed, 
with my newfound wisdom.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIHANGA [ the bird ]

TRiBUTE

SHIVA